Summer Skin Care Routine
As the weather gets warmer, our sensitive skin adopt to the new season, and therefore our skincare product and routine should also change accordingly. My skin type is of a combination type. As annoying as it sounds, I get oily on my T zone, and I sometime get pimples on the sides of my face. It’s really hard to take care.
However, this summer, I am going to have a different skincare approach, abandoning some of the old skin product and adopting fresher ones for the season.
- Rohto 養潤水 – Japanese historic brand Rohto has dozens of different eyedrops under their name. For this purple one, I am not sure they even have an English name for the product, but the meaning in Japanese is a water to nurture and preserve your eyes. At night, your body goes under metabolism and self-repairs anything the it has lost during the day. The same goes to your corneal epithelial cells, which undergoes repair and proliferates themselves at night. With just a drop of 養潤水 when you go to bed, the beneficial nutrients quickly moisturize your eyes to relieve the fatigue accumulated during the day, and to replenish cells your corneal epithelial have lost.
- Caudalie Anti-Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream – I got this sample when I bought my toner with Caudalie (which I like a lot as well). As someone who is probably too young to show any difference when using anti-wrinkle cream, I still tried applying this cream on my lips and the area around, and the result was “wow.” Around my lips, as smooth as it already is, does seem like its moisturized, but on my lips, it soothed out all the wrinkles on my lips. It gives my lips a greasy texture at first, but the cream is quickly absorbed in a minute. The speed it soothes out your wrinkle is phenomenal.
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum – I am on my third one on this eye serum. It’s a must get for those who have puffy eyes in the morning. It not only de-puff my eyes, but also significantly tighten my eye lids area (bigger eyes are the best). It’s so easy to apply! The pen shape tube comes with a massage ball on the tip, when you take off the lid, you just massage your eyes with the ball and serum will run on your eyelids. It’s refreshing, moisturizing, anti-wrinkle, and really all you need for your eyes.
- Lancôme Génifique – This 50 ML Lancôme Génifique lasted almost a year on me, but I didn’t use it every night. The white cream is very nice on repairing blemishes and blending away fine lines, but I think it’s a little too heavy and oily on my T zones, and would sometimes cause break outs. Also, I am a little too young to use a skin product like this which has the purpose of mostly lifting and blending wrinkles.
- Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum – This serum is said to correct any dark spots, acne blemishes, and uneven skin tone. With one tiny pump of serum every night after your facial toner, I slowly find my skin more radiant with pimple scars going away faster. What’s magical about the serum is that it’s also got some super tiny blue sparkles in it, and yes, they are sparkles, but super tiny that you can barely see. I am not sure if that does anything to help your skin tone, but it seems like something magical.
- Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner – This is a very nice toner to use if your skin is oily or combination. The toner helps balance your skin’s PH level, so you don’t get too oily throughout the day. The smell of the toner is quite weird but natural, smelling just like tea, and you would sometime even have a petal or two when you pour the toner on your palms. I have an impression that alcohol free toners are always better for your skin because they won’t evaporate with the natural oil on your face. I like both this toner as well as the rose toner by Fresh. Natural is always the best!
- Sekkisei Supreme Revitalizing Cream I – I withhold my judgement for this cream because I have only started using it for a few days, but it does seem like it contains some alcohol. However, parts of my skin got nicely moisturized and become more radiant the night after.
I hope you enjoyed my review of the summer skin products. Can’t wait to do some style blogging this weekend! Stay tuned!